Monday, September 9, 2013

To the issue of horror movies and Christianity

   This is such a huge problem and I don't think that most people even realize it! As Christians our entire belief is to shun evil. To do everything in our power to turn away from it and seek godliness. But it seems to me that so many Christians are watching all these movies and not thinking anything of it!  The images portrayed are in fact evil, No matter what the "moral" of the story is, if you are lucky enough to even have one. Why do they go to see them? ultimately it is a form of pleasure. Going to seek out enjoyment in the "thrill" of the scare. So let me put it this way, as Christians we believe in God, the holy spirit and we believe in demons along with Satan. Now since we believe in these things, we believe that possession can happen and that is evil and that there is nothing good about it. If it were happening in real life in front of you, would you sit there and watch? saying " oh my this is so scary, what fun" NO you would be scared out of your mind in recognition of something purely evil. WHY THEN DO WE SUPPORT AND ENJOY FILMS THAT GLORIFY EVIL??? What on earth is so fun about watching some demon tear someone apart? Or murdering multiple people? And causing the victim of possession to go through intense pain and suffering!? My heart is greatly saddened by the realization of how this has infiltrated our body as believers. We are to seek love, kindness, compassion, all things good and what kills me is that it is such an obvious form of evil and yet no one seems to realize it, or even care! We are to guard our hearts from what is evil, not embrace it.

         

Psalm 101:3-4 ESV        

I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me. A perverse heart shall be far from me; I will know nothing of evil.
          

Ephesians 6:12 ESV         

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

No comments:

Post a Comment