Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What power we have through Christ!

 One thing I find that Christians struggle with today is a full realization of how much authority and power we have over this world. We are the stewards of God's creation.. He has set us in charge of everything, ALL of it! Not only the physical but also the spiritual, the power of God is given to us to perform the impossible! And through the Spirit He guides all things around us to work for us if we simply trust Him and act in His will. There have been many times where I have made a commitment in something in order to be taught by Him from the opportunity he had given me, then Him fulfilling his promise to make things happen for us. One of these instances I began to become worried that I would not be able to make it to the commitment I had made because of my job. We were headed to a job that started at 3pm and would have taken until at least 8 or 9 pm. However, when I consulted with God on what His desire was for me, letting Him know my concern and telling him that I would very much like to make it on time and be able to participate in my previous commitment. Well, when we arrived at the job the plumber had somehow gotten almost all of his equipment stuck and was unable to get it out the entire time we were there... so we could only get a certain amount done.  Making it possible for me to leave, get home, change, and arrive EXACTLY on time.

    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

 We are all as Christians called for his purpose. We may live a godly life as best as we can, giving an example of Christ through our actions, which is good! Yet many of us do not fully step out into the spiritual when the chance has been given. Christ said to perform greater things than he did. The two need to be one, the spiritual and the physical. Walking in his presence which is the Spirit always.  The power Has been given to us to heal, cast out demons, prophesy, and many others.. all we need to do is seek these gifts out. Some are not as gifted as others, but if we ask we will receive! It is a promise.. and I am inclined to believe that God is not one to break a promise. I know the thought of this can freak people out.. the idea seems cool, but to ACTUALLY do it? Well that's just weird... But how many people do you think freaked out when Jesus was healing people? And when He cast demons out? Or even bringing people back to life?  Do we believe part of what God has said? Or all of it..

     If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Matthew 21:22

     If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7

  The power we possess through the grace of God is immeasurable, applicable to all things in life.  As long as what we are doing we have committed to Him fully. OK.... NOW LET'S GO BE POWERFUL!


 

   
   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment